Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pleading and Praying for Help

This little boy is William.
He is 9 years old.
He is an orphan.
He needs help.
A few weeks ago he sustained severe burns on his feet and his condition is critical.
Having been a burn victim myself I understand the severity of this situation. But his is even more dire. I was able to recieve good medical care which helped me to recover in time. William does not have the medical care that is necesary to recover from these burns. Right now he can not walk. He is in extreme pain. He cries all day in anguish because there is no pain medication to help him deal with it. The biggest worry is the possible infections that could happen. If this happens...well - I don't even want to think about what could happen.
He is such a sweet boy.
But there is hope.

One of the adoptive mothers who is a nurse will be leaving her family here to attend to William for a couple of weeks in hopes to stave of infections, help him with the pain, and in hope to get him walking again.
What is needed is bandages, medical supplies, and money to attend to his needs.
But instead of re-writing the messages and information I would like to direct you to these blogs for more full information and updates on his conditions and needs. Please click on the following and follow the Links to learn more.
And please, if you can help please follow the instructions or spread the word so others can help.
If at the very least, please pray for William and his sister Patience (11 years).
She too, is orphaned. She has been a great help, and I am sure a huge consolation for her brother. I fell in love with her during my time there; and am so saddened that they are going through this terrible trial.Our prayers are with you both!